I want to share a recipe I tried the other day and turned out delicious!
And, since I’m Italian, you gotta believe me 😉
I tried this recipe because I didn’t have much time and ingredients so I can definitely say this is horrendously simple and fast! – and obviously, butter-free!
Give it a try!
– 1 2/3 cup (200g) flour type 00 (but you can also use all-purpose flour)
– 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 cup (200g) white sugar (you can mix white and brown or just brown as you please)
– 2 eggs
– 7 tablespoons (100ml) vegetable oil (or whatever oil you please, i used corn oil)
– 3/4 cup (200-230ml) milk
– 1 tablespoon (16g) baking powder
– confectioner’s sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350° degrees F (180° degrees C). In a large bowl mix the eggs with a fork, add oil and milk and mix it lightly with a whisk (or just a spoon).
Add flour and cocoa (if sifted is better) and sugar, mix until just combined and smooth.
Pour the batter into a prepared pan of 24cm / 9.5 inches diameter. Bake at 350°F/180°C for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
You can cut the cake in 2 layers so you can put in it whatever you like, like peanut butter, jam, fruit, cream, nutella…..
You can also add grated orange peel in the batter to make the cake tastier (or some almonds!)