So yesterday i made these super delicious cookies, i found the recipe on internet but then i changed it and made it healthier. My recipe has NO BUTTER & NO BAKING POWDER! I made them with corn/maize oil (but you can use whatever oil you want to, like vegetable oil) and they honestly came out even better than cookies made with butter, so soft and chewy!
Also, the recipe’s SO EASY! 😀
Here’s the recipe:
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (300g.)
– 1 teaspoon baking soda (5g.)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt (just a pinch)
– 1 cup vegetable oil (237ml. – i used corn oil but, like i said, you can use whatever oil you please)
– 1 cup packed brown sugar (220g. – i put a little less like about 200g.)
– 1/2 cup white sugar (100g. – i put a little less like about 70g.)
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon almond extract (5ml.) – optional
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 150g. but you can put less or more as you please)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the vegetable oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract. Blend in the dry ingredients, mix until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a bunch of minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely (cause they’re very soft and friable at first, if you remove them instantly they will crumble!)
ENJOY 🙂 *yum*